Saturday, February 27, 2016

Block no. 7 of the Patchwork of the Crosses

Since I have been back to work, I have less time to stitch and it took me all week to complete this block. Last Sunday, I was organizing my fat quarters and I came across these fabrics and thought that I would give them a try. This block is a bit darker and more dramatic than block no. 6. The first picture has the block on two different fabrics. The more solid fabric is the fabric I bought intending to use on the connector blocks. The second fabric, I ordered from Keep on Quilting online, and I love it. Now, I have a dilemma. I am going to make some practice connectors and see which fabric looks the best next to the blocks. I want a fabric that will accent the blocks, not, take the focus away from the block. I'll keep you updated on my choice. I do have to say that the darker fabric is a mottled color and much prettier than it looks in the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment