Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Patchwork of the Crosses by Lucy Boston

I am a member of quite a few quilting and cross stitching groups on Facebook. One of my fellow quilters posted a picture of the Patchwork of the Crosses quilt by Lucy Boston. I was smitten. It looked so beautiful and when I learned more about Lucy Boston, I decided that I needed to give this quilt a try. The Patchwork of the Crosses is an English Paper Pieced quilt using honeycombs (elongated hexagons) and squares. I did some research and ordered a book and then ordered a starter block kit on etsy from featherweight quilting. Featherweight quilting sent the kit and I was pleased with the fabric, papers, and acrylic template that came with it. I had surgery last Thursday, so , I had time to begin my endeavor. I completed my block from my kit and it turned out beautiful. I posted pics on all of my quilting groups and it received a phenomenal response. I had over four thousand people look at my block. Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment